Moment by moment...

My goal for this blog is to document the sweet joy of our everyday lives. I hope to be able to use this blog to reflect back on when I FINALLY get to scrapbook my childrens' lives. I hope you enjoy looking at our pictures half as much as we enjoy the moments in the pictures. xxx

Monday, May 28, 2012

Mother's Day Tea

The kids and I LOVE Tea Parties!!  We have tea parties usually about once a month. Our typical tea party is juice and cinnamon rolls.  Well this time we planned a "Fancy Tea Party" for Nani (my mom).  We collected a tea set and some mismatched tea cups/plates,  created some cute projects like tissue paper flowers (Martha Stewart) for napkin rings,  made a table runner out of old book pages (Lisa Storms),  designed and painted a special cake stand and then we planned a fun menu.  The best part was making the Merks Coffee Cake that my mom has always made since I was little.  To top the cake off we made this cute banner. 

Here are some of the details:






My mom's recipe...she never puts the icing on.  Yummy!!

This adorable rose ball was found at Home Goods.  It was $20.00 which I think is a great deal, just not such a great deal that we could buy more than one.  So we made tissue paper poms to go with the rose ball.  This isn't a terrific pic, but it really did look pretty.

Wow was this "Fancy Tea Party" ever fun!!!  I think Gavin and Emma had a ton of fun planning and preparing for this special day, but once the day got here the fun they had was sharing everything with Nani and Papa.  Of course play time was also cherished.



What a little lady!!  Gavin and Emma had milk with straws that flavored their milk as they drank it.  That was something new to them.

Sweetness

Gavin's fav= sugar cookies

My mom was surprised.  :)


I love you Mom!!  Happy Mother's Day to the best mom in the whole world.  I can only hope that I can be 1/2 the mom you are.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I am laughing and crying! This is the the most precious, priceless post!! What a special day!! Again... You amaze me! I LOVE the picture of your mom in the hat! It got me giggling!!

    ReplyDelete