Moment by moment...

My goal for this blog is to document the sweet joy of our everyday lives. I hope to be able to use this blog to reflect back on when I FINALLY get to scrapbook my childrens' lives. I hope you enjoy looking at our pictures half as much as we enjoy the moments in the pictures. xxx

Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Little (Big) Details of Lily's Rainbow Party

So many little details added up to the big picture of Lily's 1st birthday party.  Oh what wonderful fun it was.  I will be scrapping her party, the actual "fun" everyone had and I will post those pages later.

Here are SOME of the cute projects we did. Gavin and Emma were involved every step of the way. :)

Food:



Drink Table (with monthly banner above it)

I was going to make the fruit into "Rainbow Skewers" but figured that wouldn't be very safe!!  :)

The CAKE before being cut.

Ta Da!!!!!!  The big surprise in the middle of the cake.  Quite the hit!!!



Yummy cake pops!!  Inside: chocolate frosting and chocolate cake


Dessert table...this was so much fun!!  Gavin and Emma sorted ALL the candy into color groups. Perfect helpers.
Decorations:
Scallop punches sewn together. (It was during this project that my sewing machine decided to croak.)

A rainbow of sippy cups all labeled with kiddos names.  They each got to take their cup home as one of the favors.

Lily's Mantle

Center Pieces

Full view of dessert table (but from this view you can't see two of the pom poms.)
Another view of some of the decorations.  I forgot to take pictures of the food but you can kinda see here that YES we did serve more than just dessert. :) 


"Welcome"


THE hat. This was another 3am project.  :)

These are SO fun to make!!!  I followed Martha Stewart's directions. 

I made this wreath using different tutorials all over the web.  The flowers were a first for me so I tried about 3 different ways. 

eighteen 25 is the blog where I find all my 16x20 subway art.  LOVE that blog.

Is she really one??  I painted this at about 3am...don't laugh!!


I sewed this pennant banner on my mom's machine.   Thanks mom!!!
I found most of these ideas on Pinterest.  I LOVE Pinterest.  If you want to find a direct link (I am still learning how to post links directly on my blog) please go to my Pinterest board "Lily's Rainbow Party".

2 comments:

  1. Speechless! I am speechless! Okay I found my words! Lol! Wow! Amazing! Magazine perfect down to every detail! I am blown away! I take my hat off to you (my imaginary one) :)! I am amazed! Stunned! Impressed... Very impressed! In awe of your amazing talent! WOW!! No seriously WOW!!! You put in so much thought, planing and attention to detail! Job well done... No that is an understatement! Job fantastically done!! You continue to amaze me!! I am honored to be your friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe...I am totally blushing!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!! We had so much fun....the hard part was knowing this was the last 1st birthday party I would be throwing. :) Love u xxx

    ReplyDelete